Many a people who are into Dev-Ops may think why comparing Docker which is a container technology with configuration management tools like Puppet. Why we included docker is that it serves the same purpose as configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible and Chef ie deployment of configuration changes. Docker will do this deployment in a bit different way.
Before comparing the above three listed technologies, we are going to let you know about the basic similarity they have and the purpose they are used and designed for. All of these take the configuration of an environment as their input, work on them and produce their source code as an output, which is the core use of them all. The code being used and produced by these technologies can be managed by git or other platforms which help us to assemble and merge the code in a more flexible way.
Now after briefing you about the core purpose, We are going to tell you about their differences by making a comparison on all of them. Listed below are some core differences among all of them:
Please list your differences which you feel are not here.
Latest posts by Surendra Anne (see all)
- wget download a file to a directory in Linux/Unix - June 4, 2018
- GIT: How to compare two GIT branches? - June 3, 2018
- Online training on Linux Bash shell scripting - February 8, 2018
- 15 iostat command examples in Linux/Unix - December 4, 2017
- How to Installing and Configuring Firewalld on Linux - November 29, 2017